Whether you’re looking for air conditioning services or heating solutions around Austin, Texas, an HVAC contractor can help you.
HVAC refers to “Heating, Venting, and Air Conditioning.” You can reach out to HVAC companies for repairs, installations, and maintenance of your air conditioning and heating systems. Rely on them to ensure your HVAC systems are maintaining optimum temperatures within your home or building.
Here we have listed some tips to help you select a reliable HVAC company.
How to search for a local HVAC Company?
- Reference – Always ask your neighbors and loved ones for referrals. If they’ve had a good experience with an HVAC expert, the chances are that you will be satisfied with their services too.
- Search on the internet – Input your query “HVAC repair near me” on Google or other search engines to get a list of all the HVAC companies within your area.
- Online directories – Check the online service directories like Yelp, Angie’s List, The Better Business Bureau, and Yellow Pages to search for the HVAC experts in Austin, TX.
- Social Media – Look for communities on Facebook to get recommendations. However, follow up by researching the shortlisted names.
- Recommendations from shoppers – Go to your local hardware or home improvement shop and wait in the air conditioning and heating aisle. Ask other shoppers for their suggestions for a good HVAC company.
How to Evaluate an HVAC Contractor?
After you shortlist the names of potential HVAC companies, the following step is to narrow your search to 3 options. Here’s how you can do that.
- Browse through the reviews on Angie’s List, Yelp, or other directory sites of all the HVAC companies you’ve shortlisted.
- Conduct searches on Google business pages for each HVAC company. Check the number of reviews and cumulative star ranking to know more about the HVAC companies.
- Browse the websites of all the shortlisted agencies for AC repair in Austin Texas. Know whether the company has won any awards or is a part of any industry associations – such as your city’s Chamber of Commerce. Also, check for the company’s assets and certifications on the sites. Such details can help in narrowing down your choices.
- The social media pages of shortlisted HVAC contractors are other indicators of how they conduct business and deal with customers. HVAC agencies active on social media and putting up photos of their projects are a good choice.
Narrow down to three selections
After studying the various HVAC companies, you should narrow your list to 3 choices. Follow by calling each HVAC company on your list and asking some questions to each company’s customer service representative.
Note that the HVAC technicians will enter your homes. Thus, make sure you’re calling reliable HVAC company personnel to be on the safer side.
What to expect in the first phone call?
After searching for an “HVAC repair near me” and shortlisting the names of reliable companies, your next step is to talk to the company representative. First, tell them your exact requirement and where you will need their services. Then, proceed by saying you want to know some aspects of the company before confirming a service call or estimate call.
Check Credentials and Safety Precautions
Find out whether the company is insured or licensed. In addition, you must inquire about how they conduct background checks and criminal records of their employees. HVAC companies that have been in business for over 4-5 years are a good choice.
Call the HVAC Experts for AC Repairs or an AC Repair Quote
HVAC agencies entertain your requests for small and big jobs. Tell the experts what type of services you want – whether furnace repair or new furnace set-up or A/C replacement or A/C repair or furnace maintenance.
You can schedule a visit with a representative for AC repair in Austin Texas, when you make your first phone call after checking all the company credentials.
What to expect during the first visit?
When the technicians arrive at your home or office, you must check their credentials before letting them inside your home. Then, allow them to inspect the problem and ask for a quote. Moreover, understand more about the type of services they provide and whether they offer guarantees and warranties.
Study about HVAC guarantees and warranties
When dealing with HVAC companies, you must try to understand the guarantees and warranties they offer. In some cases, the HVAC experts provide guarantees and warranties when opting for new installations or repairing works. So, make sure you know your protections and pay only for the services you avail.
If the company is offering money-back guarantees, ask them for the assurances in writing. Study the scope of the warranty, which includes the expiry period and how much percent of your money back you can expect in case of mishaps.
If you’re getting equipment warranties, know about the coverage and duration details.
Before selecting an HVAC company, an important aspect to consider is whether the HVAC agency offers protection from property damage during installation.
What are the components of an HVAC system?
Knowing about the essential components of an HVAC system can be helpful. Make a note of the brands, models, dates of installation, and last maintenance dates to get the most from your equipment.
- Cooling System
An HVAC system has different kinds of cooling systems. These include ductless air conditioning, central air conditioning, split air conditioning, a heat pump, a mini-split system, or a geothermal ac unit.
A split or two-part A/C system has an indoor unit and an outdoor unit. Electrical parts, a fan, and a compressor with condenser coils are part of an outdoor unit. On the other hand, an indoor unit contains an evaporator coil followed by a furnace.
- Heating System
Heating components can be of different types. They are available with a furnace or a heat pump or a boiler, or a geothermal unit. Among fuel sources, your choices are electricity, propane, fuel oil, or gas.
- Ventilation System
With the ventilation components of HVAC systems, you can control air quality in homes or buildings. The heavy-sized features of a ventilation system include ductwork and air filtration modules.
Nonetheless, since ductwork accumulates dirt and develops leaks, you may want to get them cleaned regularly.
Even the air filtration systems (both electronic and mechanical) require cleaning at intervals; both types filter air particles differently.
Maintain a record of the dates of when your ductwork and air filtration systems were last cleaned, repaired, and inspected.
Contact an HVAC contractor in Austin in Texas today!
We have listed the essential aspects to consider when choosing an HVAC company. Always maintain your HVAC systems, for they make all the difference in keeping optimal temperatures in your home.
Importantly, work with reputed HVAC contractors for any of your installation or repair, or maintenance works. Only by conducting annual inspections of your HVAC systems can you be sure of their longevity and effectiveness.